ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
- Advanced Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering is a 2 years 4 semesters full-time, vocational skill based programme under Community College Scheme of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The programme is approved by the CUK, Kalaburgi, Karnataka.
- The thrust of the programme is more on practical and skill development, the programme has flexibility for the students to study at their own pace, continuity in the study is not essential for the programme. The student may leave the programme in between and rejoin as per their convenience. After completion of 4 semesters the student is eligible to proceed and take up B. Voc degree on completion of total 3 years of study.
- To prepare the student for vocational skills in aeronautical subjects.
- To develop skills and provide hands-on working rather than thrust on theory subjects.
- More than development of the knowledge the thrust is on providing vocational skills.
- To prepare the students to achieve expertise in the skill chosen.
Resource and Methodology
- The course curriculum is framed in such a way that the students are taught theory in a simple and systematic way and more emphasis is given to hands-on training to develop skills through a practical approach. The course is conducted by qualified and experienced faculty. They mentor, coach and empower students to achieve academic success. The teaching is supplemented by audio-visual aids for students to understand the complexities of operations and support systems. The course curriculum is embedded with industrial visits to Airlines and aeronautical organisations that help broaden student’s understanding. The course content caters to the need of the aviation industry and bridge the gap between the institution and industry.
- Students take part in classroom presentations, seminars and workshops to enhance their creativity, knowledge, communication skills and learning. Assignments, periodical tests and exams ensure effective learning experiences for the students through a well-planned calendar of events which are to be executed meticulously.
- The students having developed expert skills will be in demand with the aviation organisation as maintenance staff for maintaining aircrafts, ground support system, ground handling, repair and rectification of aircraft parts and component.
- To be eligible for admission to this course, candidates should have 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and mathematics with 50% in the core subject, 45% for SC/ST/PWD or Diploma in any engineering subject awarded bystate technical board with an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST/PWD).